Ah the joys of being a home owner... Kyle has been SO Busy this summer that our house was just falling apart.... So as soon as we slowed down enough that we weren't 3 weeks out on appliance calls I decided that I would do projects by my self only to find that Kyle was not having me do any of them due to me being 20+ weeks pregnant (this little guy is so low I throw my back out so easy) So the first project was taking out the ramp in our back yard.. This things was a huge safety hazard in the winter if you stepped on it you were in for one huge fall me and Kyle have both had bumps bruises and cuts to show for the painful ice skating that can take place on this thing... This last Winter I was so scared every time we took Ben out to run around cause he wanted to walk on the ramp so I knew it had to go... The steps that were connected to the ramp have been broken since we moved in and Having a Ben and a baby to get inside soon I know that we needed stairs that I can get Ben up and myself up while carrying a baby so it was on the list for a while... I was watching my sweet Nephew Adam one day and I had just explained to him and Haley what kyle does for work Haley was VERY interested that Kyle ran his own business but was never home... So i explained Kyle went to peoples houses to fix things that were broken... Adam found that very interesting and so when we went outside to play he noticed our back step was Broken and proceeded to tell me that Kyle Must fix this back step because it was broken and that is his job... That night I told kyle what Adam had told me and with out saying anything Kyle went and got his tools and went to work taking down the ramp of death and the broken stairs!





Then it was my turn to do a project back in February I decided to paint my kitchen, Me and Kyle never came to an agreement on what we wanted to do for a back splash so after 6 months I was so sick of looking at an unfinished kitchen... So I just painted the rest and gave up on ever getting a new back splash!
This Next Project just happened all of a sudden... It was cool enough one night and I was feeling pretty good I told Kyle I was going to take ben out and pull some weeds... (weeds at our house is a losing battle it has been for 3 years we have awful weeds) Kyle was not okay with me pulling weeds since every time I do I throw out my back ( I have a bad SI joint from the car accident 2 and a half years ago) so Kyle came and pulled weeds and I tamed Ben... He then decided since its his job now to pull weeds he was sick of it so off to home depot we went and bought weed blocker and bark and shrubs all things I have said since our first summer
in this house we should get by the way... and there you have it
a beautiful weedless front yard! I love it!
Last but not least we had one hot summer here and our windows in our home were not up to par... they were single pain some original glass from when our home was built over 100 years ago... Winter they get cold and summer they get hot... So when our electricity bill came this last month I about died... I told kyle we have to get new windows... So Wednesday they came and installed my windows part of me is heartbroken that a little bit of history has left my house but the practical side of me is Jumping for Joy no more drafty winters and no more 83 degree house with our A/C running all day everyday..











As for the months ahead well.. I have some plans that have to be done before the new baby comes... Rain gutters up on the house is a must (I am so freaked out about having a baby in the winter cold wet did I say cold conditions not to mentions everyone is sick and its the BIG RSV season) and making our room fit a baby and all the baby things... but most of all getting my basement back in Order it is out of control down there... Having a busy summer and spring have made me and Kyle both so crazy our home is finally getting back to normal... But sadly teaching Ben and growing our business have come before projects.
The years a head Kyle has big plans.... We are going to take down our cedar shakes and get "fake" shakes that will hold paint better and not crumble and not be a safe hiding spot for bees.... we are then going to re-pain the house... our colors our going to be a Deep red and cream I am so excited for the transformation... Then last but not least we will finally tackle the attic in our guess 3 years and have a good little Boy room up there for our boys to play in!
0 comments:
Post a Comment