Tuesday, January 6, 2009

That was close!

Our Week last week was full of oops and Are you serious? and oh My's
at the beginning of the week me and Kyle plan out what were had to do the rest of the week....
My Dad got a new big screen TV from Granddad so we had to pick that up... We had Kyle's families new years eve game night to go to and I wanted to cook a turkey new years day.... We also had a wedding to go to in Idaho Falls Saturday and we had to finish our Wedding invites and get Kyle's Tux fitted....
So we carefully planed out our days so we would have time to get everything done...
So Wednesday We got off work and Headed to Draper to pick up the big screen TV.... The way back we sat in his truck just praying that this TV didn't fall out... We made it home with no problems and Got the TV in the house.... Then It was off to the VanderDoes home to play a bunch of games till Midnight hit.... (his family is pretty intense when it comes to spoons let me tell you)
So The next morning we woke up so I can get the Turkey in the oven.... and we had our first are you serious moment..... The Turkey had a broken back... so stuffing this bird was quite the task.... Kyle had to pry him open while I stuffed him with stuffing.... Then around 2 o clock the turkey was done.... And it looked rather good if I do say so my self! So Kyle started Carving while I made the potatoes and gravy.... During Kyles Carving adventure he realized the the Gizzard and the gut bag were still in the turkey..... ( he told me he checked and it had none...) so... That was our oops moment.....
So Friday came and we both went back to work.... Kyle got a call from Brady Coulston (the guy who was getting married on Saturday) around noon Saying "Dude how close are you" Kyle replied "I told you I am not spending the night tonight me and Katy are driving up in the morning" Brady's Response was "Uh Kyle, My Wedding is today" This was yet another ARE YOU SERIOUS moment.....
So Kyle called me and we both got off work as soon as we could and headed up to Idaho.... Half way there we met a nice rain storm and Had to stop and Get new windshield wipers for his little sisters car ( we wanted good gas mileage) So we got up there stayed for maybe an hour at the reception then.... had a nice 4 hour drive back.....
So now we had all Saturday to do everything we needed for the wedding..... So we got his Tux and all the Boys Ties and stuffed our invites....
Then Sunday came we went to my ward which is at 9 in the morning now and after church we finished addressing our invites and we were just going to stay at my house till our Temple Prep class but decided to go to Kyle's Parents to just finish our invites all together.... so we headed over there around 4 which now they get out of church at 4......
As we open the door smoke started rushing out to meet us... so I ran opened all the windows I could and Kyle ran straight to the oven and found quite the fire blazing inside... He got the fire out and Thankfully the house was no harmed.... This was our Oh my Moment....
The oven is now toast and they need to buy a new one.... The Turkey that was cooking however still turned out pretty dang good....
So Yesterday was our last Are you serious moment......(knock on wood)
I came home from work and was talking to my dad about the Honeymoon plans me and Kyle had.... We are heading to Disneyland and then we were planning on going to the San Diego temple.... So just wanting to make sure everything was still set... I went to the church website.... and much to my dismay..... The temple is now closed for cleaning on the days we were going to go.... so now we have to change our flight plans and rental car... But we still get to go to Disneyland so I can't complain!

1 comments:

Michael and Tara Green said...

Katy... Congrats on the upcoming wedding! I love your blog!

Post a Comment