Thursday, September 11, 2008

Moving on...

This past month I have had many life changing events.... One of which was quiting OfficeMax.... It has been on my mind since the rumor of downsizing became a harsh reality... True I was lucky enough to keep my job and to have not been one of the many who were laid off... but it was a hard change to overcome and to realize in retail values and Honesty are just there to look pretty and not be followed....
So after leaving I was determind to find a job in the medical feild.... which was quite hard since I have had no medical experience.... I did fix many cuts and scraps at OfficeMax but none too serious...
My first interview was with IHC for a PSR rep. WHich is basically a fancy name for Receptionist... this job had many benifits the downside was it was in salt lake and while to Kyle taking a train to work every day would be a dream come true it would take me an hour or more to get to and from work eachday
The next morning I recived a phone call from The ogden clinic wanting me to go in for an interview as a business office rep... they also had amazing benifits.. the best one is they are so close to where I live...
So both interview I felt went well but I knew so many people were appling for both jobs.... so I waited and Monday came around and IHC called and offered me the job... I was shocked.. Dad kept asking why I wasn't happy... I was in complete shock that I was blessed enough to get that job... But I had my heart set on Ogden Clinic so I told IHC I would make a choice by Friday....
An hour after that call I recived another from Ogden Clinic asking me to come back for a second interview... I yet again couldn't believe it... but then the stress of a second interview flooded my mind and I had 4 days to sit and wait and worry....
The day finally came I woke up got ready a bit too fast and had to wait an hour before it was time to go.. When I got there everything went well and I left feeling I did the best I could and hoping that I would get it....
a few hours later I was on the phone with my mom.... and they called so I hurried to switch and my phone went competly dead... I was so mad.. but a few minutes later I got it working and called them back...
And I got the job! I am so happy! Life is finally starting to turn around and I am finally starting to move on....
OfficeMax was a wonderful learning experience for me and I truely will miss the friendships I gained and the knowlege I gained...
I am sure my co-workers will be happy to know that when they walk by a box there isn't a little Katy hiding in there to scare them and I am sure some will miss the other random things that went on there... I will miss all of them and am so grateful for the laughs that we all had



0 comments:

Post a Comment