After finally seeing a dietitian I feel a lot better about this whole Gestational Diabetes thing. I must say i feel for those who have real Diabetes so props to Nana and my Dad (pre-diabetes) for poking your finger with our complaint. The biggest change I have had to make is my life is now one very structured eating schedule I wake up poke my finger eat breakfast wait 2 hours poke my finger eat a snack wait an hour or 2 eat lunch wait 2 hours poke my finger eat a snack wait an hour of 2 have dinner wait 2 hours and poke my finger. My life in a nut shell... My blood levels are all over the place because when i first learned about this I just did a lot of Internet research and found a meal plan stating 30 carbs per meal 15 carbs per snack... I was so shaky after 5 days of following this I thought my life was going to be awful for the next 2 and a half months.... then I found that I should be eating 45-60 carbs per meal.... that may not seem like a lot to you non carb counters but holy cow its like life or death. another big adjustment is protein I am having to add a ton of protein to my diet and I for some reason in the pregnancy and totally grossed out by the texture of Chicken so its very hard for me to eat chicken at times. I am also lacking in iron so red meat has become a must in our home. My snacks are normally and Apple with Peanut butter for protein or an orange and veggies and ranch dip . So that isn't bad at all. My portion sizes have adjusted a little not as much starch which drives me nuts since I love potatoes and I never knew how much I love bread and rolls until I don't eat them.
The worst part of all is pregnancy cravings I can't eat anything I crave... I have gone to 3 get together so far since finding out I have GD and all 3 times my numbers have been bad after its so hard knowing what is okay to eat and what isn't.
As for Kyle and Ben well they aren't having to deal with much of a life change Mommy doesn't make cookies cause its causes me to break down crying cause just one cookie can hurt the baby so I don't even chance it but some times its hard... so Kyle buys chips ahoy I can have 3 of those for one snack so I did and pretty much starved till it was time to have a real meal... I am in my third trimester now and I swear I am starving all the time not fun when you have time meals :( Above is how Kyle eats vs how I am allowed to eat.... That lettuce wrapped Burger is totally Carb free the meat is free and the lettuce is free Kyles Burger same thing but just the bun alone had 65 carbs! crazy! I get one bowl of sugar free ice cream and by bowl I mean a scoop and Kyle gets a massive kit kat milk shake. I get carrots and ranch dip he eats a whole thing of chips ahoy. I keep telling him me getting GD is going to give him the real Diabetes he has seriously become a sugar monster since we found out. oh well at least one of us is having whatever they want to eat.
Having GD isn't that bad i have my break down moments when I just don't want to count another carb and poking my finger still freaks me out. But This little guys worth it and to be honest he has to come out some how and I would rather not push a big baby out and I really am not wanting a c-section... My tummy has one to many scars on it I remember the liver tumor recovery never again do I want that in my belly.
So heres to hoping in 2 months I will have a healthy happy newborn in my arms ( yes I know I still have 2 months and 2 weeks left a girl can hope that he comes out 2 weeks early right?)
The Slow Death of OJ Simpson
10 years ago



0 comments:
Post a Comment