I will be quick because I have a cold and am way tired but we started off our 2nd day by taking the metro into D.C. it was congresses first day back and we didn't want to fight traffic would you? The metro was nice clean and very fast totally think anyone wanting to go to D.C should take it!
Anywho we started our morning at the printing and engraving where we were able to watch money be made I actually thought this would be boring but its was really neat and the tour people were really funny... they had signs every where saying tomorrow only free samples and another saying how do you think I feel i print my entire lifetime salary in one day... we were watching them make 100 dollar bills and we were also able to see the new 100 dollar bills that are going to be coming out some time soon its going to be strange to have blue money...
Anyway after that it was off to the American history museum which had alot of stuff that was really neat... Kyle loved the Trains and cars through the years and I really loved looking at all the dresses of the first ladies through the years very interesting how much the style has changed! then we were off to the white house just to look at it... We didn't get to go inside this time I was to late to ask my congressmen I was amazed at the sight of big men in trees with guns pretty crazy to see them standing there... but it sure is a beautiful house! Then we were back on the metro heading home Ben slept through the white house and the metro ride he was so tired.
The next day were drove back to mom and dads house and on the way we stopped in mount Vernon to visit Georg Washington's estate holy cow he was so right when he said there isn't and estate that is so beautifully situated the mount Vernon. So pretty! alot of interesting things there too! Ben loved the sheep and Cows that they had and he loved that he could run around all over the grounds.
I still have to post about today but I will do that tomorrow!
Night!














0 comments:
Post a Comment