Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Doctor's Orders

Well Last Friday I finally was able to go in and see the Doctor after 4 appointment cancellations (good grief)
This time I went to the M.D. instead of a P.A even though he was a boy Dr. I am terrified of male Dr's not sure why but I will always pick a female over a male... Not that I don't trust them its just out of my comfort zone!
But I Love Dr. Ziegler he is a really nice guy both to work for and as a patient ....
So after talking about my Heart Burn and acid reflux and discussing all the options that have yet to work... He decided its time to resort to surgery...
Me and Kyle knew it was coming since we had discussed it a little before so in an odd way we are excited for this well more or less the result not the actual surgery....
So on July 7th I go in for a 24 Hour Ph and Mobility test which basically they stick something down my throat that will test the acid and then test if my esophagus its working properly if it is then the Surgery is a go and will most likely take place in late August..... If it is not working then I am just pretty much doomed to a life of pain and much throwing up cause they can't do anything for that.... So they would have to just keep watching and make sure the acid didn't cause more damage that would result in cancerous cells ....
Dr. Ziegler is pretty sure it is working right since well he did get to watch it on video a few months ago.... but hey we will see right?
The actual surgery basically is that they will put a band around a tube that connects to my esophagus....
Now to sit and wait for the results.... Thursday I also am getting a CT scan since they have been feeling something strange in my abdomen.... Wahoo got to love Doctors... good thing I work for them and its all FREE!!!

1 comments:

Danielle said...

Wow Kates, its sounds like lots of DR appts are coming up for you! I'm sorry that you are still not feeling well after all these years of it! Thats no good! I hope that all works out and the surgery helps you to feel better!

Post a Comment