Wednesday, February 16, 2011

RSV


Friday last week Ben was starting to get a little cold I thought nothing of it cause its cold season.. He had a chest cough and a little runny nose... well Saturday came and he wasn't himself... I started to get a little worried then Sunday came and I went in to panic mode.. I woke up feeling like crap and ben sounded just awful so first thing Monday morning I called the Doctor to see do I bring him in or just sit it out... He had no fever just a cough runny nose and his food intake had gone way down... They said to bring him in so we did and sure enough he has RSV... So we did a breathing treatment at the Doctors then came home and waited for some machines to come so I can do all the treatments at home with him... Ben hates the treatments its the hardest thing to hold him down and put a face mask on him or stick stuff up his nose I am so thankful to have Kyle at nights to help cause by the end of the day I feel like an awful mother...

Yesterday he wasn't much better we had to I was freaking out all day cause his breathing was so rapid.. so I called his Doctor and he told me to go the the RSV clinic in the hospital since Ben is still so young they could get more stuff out of him then we could... so I waited till Kyle got home cause he wanted to be there.. and we took him to the hospital the cleaned his nose out and he has been so much better ever since last night he slept for 6 hours.. it was amazing not getting up every hour with him I got some very much needed sleep and so did Ben... we have another week and a half of this it sounds like then we can take ben out in public again... I am so grateful he did get as bad as he could have but man this has been an awful experience...

0 comments:

Post a Comment